ROI Adult Safeguarding
SECTION K: Useful Contacts & References
- Dublin North, Dublin North Central, Dublin West: 01 6250447
- Laois, Offaly, Longford, Westmeath, Louth and Meath: 01 6914632
- Kildare, West Wicklow, Dublin West, Dublin South City, Dublin South West: 045 920410
- Wicklow, Dun Laoghaire and Dublin South East: 01 2164511
- South Tipperary, Carlow, Kilkenney, Waterford, Wexford: 056-7784325
- Kerry and Cork: 021 4923967
- Clare, Limerick, North Tipperary and East Limerick: 067 46470
- Galway, Roscommon and Mayo:091 748488
- Donegal, Sligo, Lietrim, Cavan and Monaghan: 071-9834660
Achieving Best Evidence in Criminal Proceedings: Guidance on interviewing victims and witnesses, the use of special measures and the provision of pre-trial therapy. Department of Justice (2012).
Action on Elder Abuse: definition of abuse 1993 which can be accessed at:
This was later adopted by the World Health Organisation: http://www.who.int/ageing/projects/ elder_abuse/en/
Adult Safeguarding: Prevention and Protection in Partnership
Department of Health Social Services and Public Safety and Department of Justice (2015). ‘Keeping Adults Safe: A Shared Responsibility’ can be accessed at: http://www.volunteernow.co.uk/
Stopping Domestic and Sexual Violence and Abuse in Northern Ireland: A Seven Year Strategy
Department of Health and Department of Justice (2016).
The European Convention on Human Rights can be accessed at: http://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/ Convention_ENG.pdf
The Human Rights Act 1998 can be accessed at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/42/contents
Relevant Conventions include The UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, the UN Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), and the EU Istanbul Convention on domestic and sexual violence against women.
The UN Principles for Older Person’s (1991) can be accessed at: http://www.un.org/documents/ga/ res/46/a46r091.htm
Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons at Risk of Abuse – National Policy and Procedures (2014, HSE).